July 21, 2010

Movie in review: Toy Story 3 in 3D

When the third installment of Toy Story came out at the movies I couldn't help but laugh at the articles online about men crying during the film, but now that I've had the pleasure of watching it for myself I completely understand.

From the very beginning you find yourself so emotionally involved in the story and it's easy to get lost in the old familiar characters.

There's something for all ages in this one, you'll probably have to blink back tears, laugh out loud and leave the movies with a smile on your face. Topics like leaving home, abandonment, friendship, love, family and growing up are sure to hit home.

You'd have to be heartless not to love this movie.

Animation: 5/5
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 5/5 The old characters are just as good, if not funnier, and the new characters are entertaining and well developed.
Ending: 4.5/5 I thought it ended sadly, though they tried to pick up the mood at the end it was still tugging at my heartstrings as we left the theatre.
Total Score: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment