January 29, 2011

Movie in review: Black Swan

I have two words to describe this movie: Effing Weird.
The acting is good, the sets are good, the special effects are good, the music is excellent, the dancing is beautiful and the lead actress is the stunning Natalie Portman... But that doesn't stop this movie from being so dark and confusing and disturbing and dirty, in equal measures, that the audience left in the most sombre mood I have ever experienced.

Natalie plays a very convincing, insane, ballerina who gets progressively crazier as the movie swoops on, and on and on. You'll cringe, you'll gasp, you might even get a little turned on- but it's still effing weird.

My interpretation of this movie is as follows:
I suspect that those who enjoy artsy-type movies will find this to be an intriguing piece of visual art... but I just think it was effing weird. And I can't even think of a rating. I wouldn't see it twice, even though I'm madly in love with Natalie Portman.

Rating: WTF
Perhaps you can tell me what you thought of it...


4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha that is awesome! I both love and agree with your pictorial depiction of said movie. As we know, a picture says a thousand words, and in this case, enough said ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also totally in agreeance.
    Wierd, disturbing, crazy- to sum it up in 3 words!
    xx Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - had a total WTF moment at the end of this movie. It was a feast for the eyes though, and I didn't pay to see it (plane movie) so all-in-all it was a win.

    ReplyDelete